Friday, July 18, 2008

Fast Day 5

It's been 5 days since my fast started and it has been very interesting.  I have spent a lot of my days at my friend Jared Belcher's house hanging out with him.  This fast has really shown me how much I do watch tv, movies, or get on the internet.  Something good that has come from this fast is the fact that I am reading a lot more.  I am currently reading a book titled The Case for Faith.  A great book, I am starting to understand how much crap time is spent doing absolutely nothing but wasting your brain away.  Now hear my out before you go "Oh crap he is giving the whole fill your brain with knowledge spill" before you assess that I want you to know I am not one to make you think that because I am not a "Scholar" student in school and nor do I love Knowledge and learning, to a point.  In one stance I have seen how much more time I should be filling my head with knowledge about my God.  And how much more my relationship with him grows as I do.  Reading Scripture and books about my faith is really doing me some good.  And also noticing how much I usually watch tv is disgusting.  I really don't want to go back to that.  I hope I can say more about my fast sometime in the next week.  But right now I'm still trying to understand what is going to be the end result, pray for me and I hope I come back with something more interesting to say.  But before I stop I am going to leave you with a question that the book I am reading right now is centered on,  I am going to blog on this soon.  Why does God let so much suffering in the world?

No comments: