Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Honest Thoughts

The truth of the matter is that I don't want to give into secruity. I don't want to give into the system. The common system, but the reliable system, the most. It must be my selfish desires to please this human body I call home, at least for now. It just doesn't add up, the starving of love and grace, to have the urge and bittersweet taste of lust.

Look around son, look at your blessings! But I don't listen, the constant and unpleasant sound of sin keeps my attention. Then the honest voice of guilt comes up behind me, like a stranger whose intentions are lurid.

He is grand at flooding you with an accurate view of what you really reflect.

But through it all I see light, by God I see light. Don't ask me how because it is not my actions but his.

I see light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally enjoy reading your blog. Please write more. Your thoughts are very insightful!
-Laura (a.k.a. the wife of your hero brian smith)