Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pre-Fast

I have been thinking for the past week about doing a fast from media (TV Internet Movies) and have talked to my friend Jarrod Belcher about doing it with me, and he has agreed.  I was looking really forward to it till I found out God was really going to make me sacrifice something. Me and Jarrod were talking today and realized we will be doing the fast during the opening of The Dark Knight (Batman).  I have been waiting for this movie to come out since January and everyone in their right mind will be seeing it that night.  When I realized this was happening it made it more of a fast.  I really hope God shows me something through the experience though.  I know he will, I was sitting at O'Charelys this last sunday with Mill and just happened to come across a TV Guide.  We started reading the shows on VH1 and it was disgusting the names of the shows lined up one after the other.  

America is going down the crapper and I don't want to be on of the turds going down the drain.  I have realized recently how much God calls us to be different from the world,  and honestly I think more times than not I don't want to meet the call.  I want to do my selfish things.  If you are a Christian take a look at what you listen to and watch,  I hope I will have great writing of my Fast I am going to be getting on to write about the fast but this is the only site I am allowing myself to go to so I will be writing of the experience.  It will start next Monday and if you pray I would like for you to pray for me.  I hope to come back with something great to write.  

2 comments:

Jared_b@bellsouth.net said...

Dude I'm looking forward to this now, just cause I want to get something out of it so much.

KeithBakerIsHot said...

Yeah, that's gonna be tough. I'm considering what to fast from, I'm thinking my MacBook. But I'm still praying about it.

But I'll be praying for you. I know you can do it and I know it will be a great experience.